When to Seek Medical Advice

If you cannot determine the cause of your hearing loss, then you should see a doctor. If you feel that it is probably due to age but aren't sure then you could see a private audiologist. Other symptoms that require a trip to the doctor include the following:

  • You have associated symptoms such as tinnitus or vertigo
  • You have a fever or pain
  • You are taking medications that may affect your hearing
  • Your hearing loss is sudden or prolonged - however this could be wax and a private audiologist could assess this for you.